There are many criteria that define great candidates for a breast reduction. Some of the most common concerns that may make a woman a good candidate for this popular breast enhancement procedure include the following:
- Large, pendulous breasts
- Breasts that are disproportionate to one’s body size
- Continual pain in the neck and/or back
- Deep indentations related to bra strap pressure
- Skin irritation and/or rashes under the breasts
- Poor posture caused by the weight of the breasts
- Unwanted fullness in the outer chest and armpit region
Along with these issues, several individuals have trouble finding properly and comfortably fitting clothing; experience discomfort when participating in particular sports and physical activities; and garner unwanted attention due to the appearance of the breasts.
If you feel that any of these concerns relate to you, or if you have additional issues pertaining to your breast size, breast reduction surgery may be an excellent solution. During this procedure, excess tissues, fat, and/or skin is removed from the breasts, and the remaining tissues are reshaped and lifted to achieve a beautiful, natural-looking result. To find out if breast reduction surgery would be appropriate for your unique needs and goals, I encourage you to schedule a consultation with an experienced, board certified plastic surgeon today.